Weight Training, Aerobic Training, and Squash facilities are available for all members. The GFC provides full change room facilities in Warialda only. As an unmanned facility members must take full responsibility for the security of personal effects
.STANDARD OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE
- Membership Fees are payable at the Gwydir Shire Council office.
- All users must complete the `Pre Screening and Induction Process’ prior to gaining membership. Members must also sign the Standard Indemnity Form.
- Membership payments are standardized for all users. Members have unlimited use of the facility 7days per week.
- Membership payments are GST inclusive. Membership payments are non-refundable.
- Membership fees are reviewed annually.
- A $20 deposit is required to be paid to cover the cost of the Entry Fob. This Deposit will be refunded upon the return of the Entry Fob.
- The Squash Court in Warialda is available for aerobic classes, however Squash players are provided with first use of the court. Use of this court is based on a first in first use basis.
- Both facilities are unsupervised and equipped with Fob Security entry and CTV security screening. Due to liability concerns members will not be permitted to bring children into the Fitness Centre while they are participating in personal fitness work.
- Family Members under the age of 15 may use the aerobic equipment and the Squash Court, but are not permitted access to the weights room. These Junior or Family Members must demonstrate via the induction process that they are competent on each of the aerobic machines. Centre management reserves the right to refuse Family or Junior Membership to those who are unable to demonstrate this level of competency.
- 15 year old children may have access to the weights room when under the care of qualified supervision. A qualified person is an approved member or casual instructor who holds a Certificate 111 in Fitness and current Senior First Aid and CPR.
- Click on this link to access the induction form Induction-GFC Form (you may need to download the form to submit it). The form will take you through the equipment and its use. Please watch the youtube video on each piece of equipment and tick the form as each is complete. When you have watched all of the videos please return the form by clicking on the submit button or saving and emailing to email@example.com